X

Caribbean Financial Network

St. Francis Xavier Credit Union Ltd.

stfranciscreditunion
Biz Phone
501-422-2892
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Founded in 1947 by Rev. Henry Suttie S.J. It functioned for some years, but it was financially weak and stagnant. In December of 1979 it was re-organized by Fr. James Walsh S.J., and under new management, it has been growing and thriving since. St. Francis Xavier Credit Union Ltd. is a cooperative financial institution, having a Cooperative Structure. However, Credit Unions are different from other financial institutions in several unique ways. They are organized for the purpose of providing financial services to a certain group of people, the members. All surplus earnings are returned to its members in the form of dividends and rebates annually. It is a democratically controlled organization; each member has one vote. “People Helping People” is the basic philosophy of the Credit Union.

Central Bank of Barbados

centralbankbarbados
Biz Phone
246-436-6870
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Central Bank of Barbados was established in May 1972 by the Government of Barbados to advance the pace of economic development in the country. Prior to 1972, the East Caribbean Currency Authority (ECCA) was the institution responsible for the management of monetary matters for most of the smaller Eastern Caribbean countries, including Barbados. However, the ECCA did not regulate financial institutions, and since it held responsibility for a number of territories, there was no guarantee that ECCA’s policies would be acceptable, or appropriate to each jurisdiction.

Coop Reservations

untitled
Biz Phone
809.686.3725
Santo Domingo, National District.
History The initiative to create COOP-RESERVES arose in December 1987, at a working meeting with the Human Resources Directorate of the Reserve Bank, with the aim of achieving a means of dealing with inflation. The purchasing power of personnel was considered to acquire basic goods and services directly from producers, in large quantities. We are the cooperative company of the members of the Family Reservations, initiative of a group of employees in 1987 they decided to unite to create the necessary conditions to satisfy their common needs, under a cooperative philosophy. In 1990 it was incorporated by Decree 82-90 of the Executive Power, under the name of "Cooperativa de Servicios Múltiples de la Personal de Banco de Reservas, de la República Dominicana".

Belize Bank

belizebank
Biz Phone
501-227-7132
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Belize City
The Belize Bank Limited (“BBL”) is a company incorporated and organised under the Companies Act, Cap. 250 of Belize, and licensed to conduct banking business pursuant to the Domestic Banks and Financial Institutions Act, 2012 of Belize (the “DBFIA”). As a company licensed to do banking business, BBL is subject to the supervision of the Central Bank of Belize (“CBB”), and the Financial Intelligence Unit (“FIU”). Constitutional Documents In 1988, The Belize Bank Limited was introduced and has since carried out the business of banking in the country of Belize.

National Cooperative Credit Union Limited

nationalcu
Biz Phone
767-255-2172
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Roseau,
The National Cooperative Credit Union Limited (NCCU) emerged from an amalgamation of five credit unions-- La Salette, St Paul, Vieille Case, Roseau and St David’s-- on November 1, 2010. These credit unions became the first Branches of NCCU "One Big Family". Amalgamation is one approach which has been used successfully by credit unions worldwide to strengthen their institutions. By the end of 2017, NCCU had evolved from being the Big 5 (as we were commonly called then) to the Big 7 by accepting the assets and liabilities of the South-Eastern and Castle Bruce Credit Unions. NCCU is a financially sound, multimillion dollar institution distinguished as the largest credit union in the OECS. Its 2018 Annual Report records Share Capital of $5.53M, Members Equity of $61.4M, Assets of $625.7M and a membership of 47,700. We offer members a complete line of financial services including savings, deposit and retirement accounts, loans for all purposes, an international debit card, Online, chequing, audio teller and money transfer services and funeral plans. NCCU is one of seven (7) credit unions currently operating in The Commonwealth of Dominica.

Kingstown Co-operative Credit Union Limited

Biz Phone
784-457-2409
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
St. George Parish
The Kingstown Co-operative Credit Union Ltd was registered on the 12th April 1958 with a share capital of EC $ 253.98 and a membership of fifty three (53) persons. The Pioneers The late Bro. Thomas Saunders after his exposure to Co-operatives in Guyana and Trinidad and Tobago pioneered the Credit Union movement in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. At first he found difficulty in convincing members of the public of the value and benefits of Co-operatives. The reluctance of the populace at the time could be traced in part to the collapse of a Credit Union Consumer Co-operative, which was attempted in the 1940’s. It was not until 1957 when Bro. Saunders spoke with a number of tailors, namely Bros. Jerome Burke Sr, Reynold Rose, Bertram Arthur and Leroy Adams that his message germinated.

Scotiabank Belize

scotia-bank
Biz Phone
501- 227-7027
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
As Canada’s most international bank, Scotiabank has been operating in Belize since 1968. Today we operate 9 branches across the country and offer a complete range of retail and commercial banking services — including online banking and electronic cash management. Scotiabank opened its first branch in Belize City in December, 1968. Retail banking expanded in the 1970s and 1980s, with the addition of three more branches. Activity in the branches in Belize reflected the economic growth of the country and was heavily centred on the agricultural industry. Business continued to grow during the late 1990s and, by 2008, 9 branches had been established. With 9 branches throughout the country, Scotiabank offers a complete range of retail and commercial banking, including electronic cash management. The Bank has about 187 employees, plus 18 ATMs countrywide. We’re a strong supporter of various community initiatives and our charitable contributions range from sports programmes and education to arts and culture.

St. John's Credit Union Limited

"Safe Saving...Smart Borrowing"

st-john-s-cu
Biz Phone
501-227-7659
Belize City
From its humble origins, St. John’s Credit Union has established a long-standing tradition of excellence to become one of the leading financial institutions that it is today. Since 1946, SJCU has served its members by catering to individual needs, giving members opportunities to gain financial security and independence. Our history demonstrates our progressiveness; on-going changes reflect our dynamism and the future will continue to be shaped by our innovative strategies. Immediately after World War II, economic resources in Belize were very limited. Due to this, Credit Unions were formed out of necessity, so people could help each other in a structured way. On November 8, 1946, 10 parishioners of the St. John’s Anglican Church met in a St. John’s Primary School classroom on Albert Street and founded what was initially St. John’s Parish Credit Union Ltd. The first board was formed with the famous Belizean patriot, Edward P. Yorke as President, Miss Enid Mitchell –Treasurer, Mrs. Laura Dunn – Secretary, Mr. Hugh W. Smith and Mr. Harvey Jefferies as Directors. Since then, the Credit Union has maintained its heritage of outstanding leadership. Mr. Leigh Richardson and Mr. Lee Longsworth served as Presidents; in 1953, the Credit Union elected its first female president, Nurse Vivian Seay, MBE. After its formation, St. John’s Parish Credit Union grew steadily and improving its performance and efficiency, always looking for innovative ways to serve our members. With this in mind, a building was constructed in October 1957 on the St. John’s school campus, which is now part of Anglican Cathedral College. This project was initiated by President, Ms. Enid Mitchell. After twenty successful years of existence, based on requests from the community, the membership agreed to welcome members outside of the parish. On June 17, 1978 the credit union was formally re-registered as St. John’s Credit Union Ltd.